Monday, September 27, 2010

Blog #4: The Fool, the Magician, The World, and Temperance

I don’t know what kind of essay I do using segments, but I could try to figure it out while I write this. I’m a little unsure about the kind of segments I would want, lists or broken up scenes, or really anything, and I don’t know what would tie them all together. Maybe using the rooms of a house to talk about memories in those rooms, but that would require talking about some place I don’t particularly feel like talking about, but since this isn’t about something that I would actually write, then I think that’s one way I could do segments. Objects are big too, I have a superstitious connection to certain objects, so following one of these objects and the way it connects to someone/something might be a good one for me to do.

One idea that I had was to use quotes from my mother at different times to separate into different scenes involving my mother. That would be interesting. Or tarot cards. I assign most of my good friends and family members specific major arcana signifiers that I think work with their personality the best, so it would be interesting to use the tarot as a way to describe them. I think I might actually write the tarot card one, I always did want to do that, since I already associate them with specific cards anyway. I think perhaps the tarot card idea might work really well in my case, whereas the rooms in a house or other objects just might be a little too close for me to write objectively and boil the things down to a theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment